The Accommodation Association Workplace Relations Team provides members with a range of advice and assistance regarding employment matters. In today’s constantly changing industrial landscape it is important that members are well informed and kept up to date on a variety of employment issues. In April 2009 the workplace ombudsman (now Fair Work Ombudsman) advised that they had never prosecuted a member of an employer organisation (such as the Accommodation Association), stating that employer organisations provide sound advice to members and was the best ‘insurance policy’ against intervention by IR enforcement agencies.
Below is an overview of the services offered to the Accommodation Association members.
Workplace Relations Helpline
(1300 304 397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) - the Accommodation Association Workplace Relations Advisors provide thorough and accurate advice and assistance to members in a wide range of employment relations issues including:
- Performance management of employees
- Unfair dismissals and unlawful terminations
- Award interpretations and minimum employment conditions
- Wage rates and allowances
- Employee leave entitlements
- WorkCover and Occupational Health and Safety
Special Service Charge at a Discounted Price
The Accommodation Association Workplace Relations Advisors are experienced in representing members in Federal and State Industrial Commissions (e.g. Fair Work Australia, Anti-Discrimination Commission etc) and can advise and represent your property with workplace agreement negotiations, unfair dismissal claims, discrimination claims, wage claims and many other workplace issues.
The Accommodation Association can also develop a range of other human resource and industrial relations related handbooks, policies and procedures that are individualised for your property. For further information contact the Accommodation Association on 1300 304 397 or email email@example.com.
Resident Managers Contract
The Accommodation Association has available for purchase a resident managers contract. This contract has been developed by the Accommodation Association taking into account the needs of operators within the accommodation industry, the customary relationship that exists between employers and resident managers, and statutory obligations under federal workplace laws.
- Developed by industry professionals for industry professionals
- 10 page simple, non-legalistic template employment contract with explanatory information
- Suitable for national system employers
- Can be modified to include terms applicable to joint management team arrangements
Accommodation Association member price: $467.00 (incl. GST)
Non-member price: $757.00 (incl. GST)
Telephone the Accommodation Association on 1300 304 397 to place your order.
As a member of the the Accommodation Association you have access to a number of information sheets on topics including:
- Managing employee performance
- Termination of employment including dismissal and redundancy
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Transfer of business
- Enterprise agreement making
- Record keeping and payslips
- Annual leave, personal/carers leave, long service leave, parental leave, etc
- The Fair Work Act 2009 and National Employment Standards
- And many more!
Wage Rates and Awards
On joining the Accommodation Association members will gain access to Workplace Relations information sheets, template policies and a copy of the award. The wage schedules, copies of the award and other useful information sheets/template policies are also available on this website.
Sample Forms, Contracts, Letters and Policies
As a member of the Accommodation Association you have access to a number of tools which can assist you in managing the employment relationship. We can provide members with the following samples and templates:
- Warning letters
- Termination letters
- Letters of appointment
- Sample policies on issues including social media, grievance handling and harassment
By utilising their industry expertise and knowledge the Accommodation Association has created the Academy to ensure that your industry specific training needs are being met. The Academy has partnerships with training and hospitality experts. Whether you’re a large multinational hotel chain, a small country B & B, the Academy is the right vehicle for your training needs.
Training available will include a range of practical short courses and full traineeships, such as:
- Cert II, III or IV in Hospitality (Accommodation Services, Food and Beverage)
- Business II, III, IV or Diploma (Administration, Supervisory, Management and Leadership)
- Compliance Courses - Responsible Service of Alcohol, Food Safety, Food Safety Supervisors
- Induction Courses - Industry knowledge, Occupational Health and Safety and Customer Service
- Short Courses -Customer Service, Working with Diversity, Dealing with Conflict
For more information on range of courses available call 1300 304 397.