Accommodation Association Membership Terms & Conditions
1. Payment & Subscription
The Accommodation Association agrees to supply membership entitlements to you, the Applicant, for the purpose of benefits to be attributed to the accommodation facility (property) identified within the application form and agrees to confer on you the membership rights in accordance with our rules upon admission in consideration of you agreeing to pay the required subscription and complying with the rules of the Hotel Motel & Accommodation Association trading as the Accommodation Association.
If you do not pay your subscription by the due date:
- Your membership rights are liable to be terminated; and
- The membership services will be suspended until payment in full is received.
The Accommodation Association does not refund or reimburse any portion of a subscription in advance. The Joining Fee is a once off administration charge and is not refundable. Re-admission to membership must be within 3 months of resignation or termination or the membership will be considered a new member and may incur a full Joining Fee.
Membership of the Accommodation Association lays with the accommodation facility (property) not the owner of the property. Membership is not transferable (unless for the reasons stated in 8.8) from one property to another and change of ownership may incur an administration charge.
Membership will be extended automatically for successive 12 month terms unless you send us written notice of intent to resign the membership at least 30 days before the end of the membership.
2. Membership Entitlements
The range of membership services current at the date of this application is set out at www.aaoa.com.au.
The Accommodation Association may suspend, vary or withdraw any of these services without notice within the terms of the Rules of the Association.
Membership entitlements and benefits are extended to the member property and authorised individuals associated with the member property.
Where deemed appropriate by the Accommodation Association for the purposes of ensuring service to the member property, membership entitlements and benefits may be extended to the entity / entities owning the member property, third party service providers to the member property and employees of the member property.
3. Specialist Services
Supplemental, specialist and customised products may also be made available, on a fee for service basis, at special rates for members in most cases. Such products may include but are not limited to:
- Seminars, Workshops and Conferences
- Training Courses
- Specialised Services
- Awards for Excellence Programs
- Representation and Mediation
To the extent permitted by the law, the Accommodation Association excludes all liability including that arising by virtue of any implied conditions or warranties in relation to our services and to the extent that such liability cannot be lawfully excluded under the laws of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia.
4. Access to Services
Services provided by the Accommodation Association will only be made to authorised representatives of the member property and will be made via any means and / or medium deemed appropriate by Accommodation Association.
5. Membership / Cessation / Resignation / Termination
Members cease their membership only by giving us written notice. A resignation is effective no earlier than the date the written notice is received by the Accommodation Association and if no date is specified in the notice, no later than a fortnight after receipt.
Access to member entitlements and benefits will cease immediately upon the member property becoming unfinancial.
Memberships are terminated 90 days after the member property becomes unfinancial.
Terminated members are considered to be new members are will incur a new member joining fee.
If we are unable to locate you and subscriptions are overdue, we may notify you of cancellation of your membership by writing to your last recorded registered address or email address as deemed appropriate.
6. Change of Owner Details
You must promptly notify us in writing of changes to your Owning Entity, legal name, employee numbers, ABN details, registered address or billing address (es) or principal contact details since changes may impact upon your employer obligations and our ability to deliver your membership services.
The purpose of this policy sets out the approach the Accommodation Association will take in relation to the collection, storage and use of personal information.
This policy has been developed in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
The Accommodation Association recognises that your privacy is important to you. All of our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
For futher information please read our privacy statement
Membership is activated when we receive from you a completed application form and payment. A receipt will be issued upon receipt of payment for a full twelve (12) month subscription or part thereof as agreed.
- Membership is for a minimum of one (1) year commencing on the date your application is accepted or part thereof as agreed.
- Membership will be extended automatically for successive 12 month terms unless you send us written notice you do not want it renewed at least 30 days before the end of the membership.
- Unless accessing monthly, quarterly or other direct debit facilities, all membership fees must be paid annually in advance.
- An invoice will be sent to you before your membership renewal date which is payable prior to your renewal date for membership fees paid annually.
- Membership may be suspended or terminated if your payment is not received within seven (7) days of the membership renewal date. In this circumstance, the Accommodation Association reserves the right to recover the monetary benefit of any membership discount(s) received by the member whilst the member was in arrears.
- There is no refund of any membership fees should you cancel your membership at any stage during your membership year.
- Changes to membership fees will only be made at the time of annual renewal of your membership.
- Membership is transferable. If the property is sold or closed for a period greater then the remaining membership, the remainder of the annual membership fee is transferable to the new owner of the property if this is agreed between the vendor and the purchaser. An administrative fee may apply to the transfer of ownership. Accommodation Association will not be liable to refund any membership fees paid by you on termination of this agreement.
- You must notify us of changes to your contact details in writing (hard copy or email to email@example.com) otherwise we may not be able to make our services available to you. Online services for editing contact details are available via the Accommodation Association of Australia website.
- Services provided by Accommodation Association in relation to membership are only available via/to designated members property representatives. It is the responsibility of the member property to ensure that their assigned representatives are accurate. Accommodation Association accepts no liability for the provision of services to assigned representatives. Accommodation Association accepts no liability for the denial of services to individuals not designated as representatives of associated member properties.
- We reserve the right to change, from time to time, the services available to members.
- Any variations made to these Terms & Conditions may be made by the Accommodation Association without express written notice to existing members and will be effective fourteen (14) days after the posting on the Accommodation Association website.
9. Direct Debiting Term/s
The Accommodation Association of Australia offers payment of the annual membership fee via instalments via direct debit or credit card. If you pay monthly or quarterly, the number of payments is twelve (12) or four (4) payments per annum respectively. The commitment period for Direct Debit Agreements is for a minimum of 12months and will be renewed automatically; unless your membership is cancelled by you by written notice (hard copy or via email) to the Accommodation Association at least thirty (30) days prior to your membership anniversary date. Members who choose to exit within the annual membership term must pay the balance of any annual subscription payable upon termination of the membership.
We reserve the right to cancel the Direct Debit arrangement if three (3) or more drawings are returned unpaid by your nominated financial institute and to arrange with you an alternative payment method.
Direct debits will be managed through B2Bpay which is owned and operated by Zenith Payments Pty Ltd.
10. Advisory Services
Any verbal advice provided by our advisers/consultants and staff:
- is given in good faith;
- is given on the basis that you have fully and accurately disclosed all relevant facts to us; and
- relates only to the facts which you have disclosed to us and to your individual circumstances.
Verbal advice may not represent the only or definitive solution to your enquiry or contain all the detail required to answer your enquiry fully, as the nature of the communication is instantaneous and prevents extensive deliberation. You should carefully consider the extent to which our verbal advice suits your objectives, financial situation or needs before acting on it as we may not be able to take them fully into account during a brief telephone conversation or initial meeting.
Accommodation Association is not liable for the provision and use of advice to designated representatives of any member property where that advice is used to the detriment of the related member property.
11. Corporate Memberships
The Accommodation Association of Australia may from time to time establish corporate memberships with suppliers to the industry for a variety of purposes. Those memberships may include a financial contribution from the supplier in support of Accommodation Association on a flat rate annual basis, via rebate or on an ad hoc basis.
In relation to the provision of membership services:
- we exclude all implied conditions and warranties, except those of which the exclusion would contravene any statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void;
- to the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage (whether foreseeable or not) suffered by any person acting on our advice, whether the loss or damage arises in connection with our negligence, default or lack of care, any misrepresentation or any other cause; and
- our liability is limited to providing you with the services again.